Wemyss Malts reintroduces ‘Nectar Grove’ Madeira cask finish as a limited edition Batch Strength release.
Scottish family whisky makers, Wemyss Malts, has reintroduced the award-winning, limited edition blended malt Scotch whisky named ‘Nectar Grove’ by bottling it as a Batch Strength release. Nectar Grove is a combination of light and nutty Highland Scotch whiskies that have been carefully and considerately combined together before finishing for a further period in casks which had previously held Madeira fortified wine.
Nectar Grove Batch Strength is the first new expression in the Wemyss Malts Batch Strength range which launched in 2017 and currently consists of The Hive, Spice King and Peat Chimney Batch Strength Batch No.002 released earlier in 2019.
Bottled at the strength found to best suit the moreish stone fruit and nutty flavours of this Highland blended malt, an abv of 54.0% was chosen by the Wemyss Malts blenders. The result is an intensely fruity, sweet and indulgent malt whisky with a bright natural colour and an effervescent yet mouth-coating texture.
Nectar Grove Batch Strength is non chill-filtered and the Madeira wine finish has imparted a natural colour that has a rich, rose copper hue.
Striking ‘Rainbow Holographic’ material has been used to amplify the already eye-catching Nectar Grove packaging design that was initially inspired by artwork, jewellery and ceramics from the island of Madeira.
William Wemyss, Founder and Managing Director at Wemyss Malts, commented: “After the immensely positive feedback from our first “finished” blended malt we decided that a batch strength version of this recipe would prove an interesting and provoking addition to the blended malt category as a whole”.
8,100 bottles of Nectar Grove Batch Strength will be available, initially to the Wemyss Malts Cask Club. Retailers in the UK, EU and Asian markets will list from mid-October with suggested UK retail price of £55.00.
- Edinburgh based Wemyss Malts is family run company operated by brother and sister William and Isabella Wemyss. The Wemyss family Castle has been home to the family since the 1300s and is featured in the company logo.
- Nectar Grove Batch Strength joins other 2019 limited releases Blooming Gorse and Flaming Feast which are the 3rd and 4th release of Wemyss Family Collection range
- Wemyss Malts craft blended malt whiskies such as The Hive, Spice King and Peat Chimney as well as Batch Strength versions and single cask whiskies.
- Wemyss blended malts have recently won double gold medals for The Hive and Spice King as well as ‘Best in Class’ for The Hive at The San Francisco World Spirits Competition. The latest release of The Hive, Spice King and Peat Chimney Batch Strength, Batch No.002 all received gold medal wins from the Spirits Business Scotch Whisky Masters.
- The Wemyss family premium wines and spirits brands also include Lord Elcho blended Scotch whisky and Darnley’s Gin, together with the premium wine estate of Rimauresq Cru Classé in Cotes de Provence.
- The family opened a single malt distillery at Kingsbarns, near St. Andrews in Fife and in July 2017 also added Darnley’s Gin distillery to the site. www.kingsbarnsdistillery.com