Recently The Whisky Exchange partnered with The Whisky Agency to release five joint bottlings, only available through TWE:
- Irish single malt 1989 (46,8%) around € 325 – coming December 2017
- Irish single malt 1990 (51,3%) around € 300
- Glen Scotia 1992 (49,3%) around € 155
- Bunnahabhain 1989 (44,9%) around € 230
- Glenrothes 1997 (51,3%) around € 130 – sold out already
Irish single malt 27 yo 1990
(51,3%, The Whisky Agency The Whisky Exchange 2017, bourbon barrel, 150 btl.)
Nose: slightly warmer than 1989, with a bit more vanilla cake and marshmallow aromas. Honey, apricots, dried pineapple rings and mango slices. Some zingy lime zest, light spices and polished oak. Floral notes as well as a chalky edge. Mouth: lovely stuff. Full of the typical tropical notes (mango, papaya, pineapple syrup, passion fruits…) with a rummy twist and honey. Hints of litchi as well. Also this slightly mineral backbone and some spices like cinnamon, pepper and aniseed. Finish: long, with mango sweetness and lingering spices.
One of the warmer casks, with spices and minerals bringing more complexity to the luscious tropical fruitiness. Lovely Irish whiskey. Around € 300 and still available!