GINGER GROUSE LEADS UK INTO A NEW AND EXCITING ADVENTURE AS
THE OFFICIAL PINT PARTNER OF TOUGH MUDDER
Ginger Grouse has today announced its exciting new partnership with Tough Mudder as The Official Pint Partner of Tough Mudder UK. Ginger Grouse is excited to be part of all seven events across the UK, providing the ultimate reward to Mudders as they cross the finish line, as well as to be part of the journey with an obstacle of its own.
With seven UK events stretching from April to October, involving over 130,000 participants, Ginger Grouse will be there to welcome ‘Mudders’ over the finish line and reward them with a refreshing Ginger Grouse.
As the ultimate adventure with friends, challenging teams to conquer a gauntlet of exhilarating, yet testing obstacles through grit, determination and camaraderie, Ginger Grouse will also be at the heart of the Mudder season with a signature obstacle at each event – the ‘Arctic Enema’ – arguably the most ‘refreshing’ of them all, yet very fitting as competitors are submerged in ice.
In addition to playing host to supporters and rewarding competitors at the finishing line of each event, Ginger Grouse will take over the main bar providing a party like atmosphere for Mudders and spectators to enjoy following their endurance challenge.
Peter Sandstrom, Marketing Director, Ginger Grouse commented: “We are very excited to sign this new deal as The Official Pint Partner of Tough Mudder UK. Tough Mudder is set around core values both on the course and in everyday life, inspiring competitors to push the boundaries as the ultimate adventure with friends and having fun along the way – Ginger Grouse shares the same spirit of adventure.”
The announcement marks an inaugural year for Ginger Grouse, a premium alcoholic ginger beer (4% ABV), following its successful national debut in April 2013. Already well known for its support of rugby in Scotland, as the Official Spirit of Scottish Rugby, Ginger Grouse has become synonymous with adventure, forging a loyal fan-base all over the UK, with Tough Mudder offering a new type of adventure with friends.
Currently available in the UK in all major supermarkets including, Asda, Morrisons, Tesco and Sainsbury’s stores; as well as independent retailers across the UK. RRP £2.25 Consumers will also find Ginger Grouse widely available in bars across the UK.
Please enjoy our whisky responsibly www.drinkaware.co.uk
About Ginger Grouse:
- A premium alcoholic ginger beer, featuring a splash of The Famous Grouse whisky, ABV 4.0%
- Distinct point of difference, with the alcohol content derived from spirit as opposed to made wine or fruit base.
- RRP £2.25 per 500ml bottle
- Available in 500ml bottles as well as on draught and PET in selected outlets
- Currently available in over 4000 on-trade outlets and 7,000 off-trade outlets across the UK including Asda, Morrisons, Tesco and Sainsbury’s stores; and independent retailers and symbol group wholesalers across Scotland
About The Famous Grouse (www.thefamousgrouse.com)
- The Famous Grouse is the no. 1 whisky in the UK for both the on and off trade.
- The Famous Grouse has been the best selling whisky in Scotland since 1980.
- The Famous Grouse is exported to over 100 countries.
- Created in 1896 by founder Matthew Gloag, it was originally called The Grouse Brand.
- The brand became so popular that on August 12th 1905 it was renamed The Famous Grouse.
- The Famous Grouse Experience is located at Scotland’s oldest working distillery – Glenturret. Originally established as a single malt distillery in 1775, today The Famous Grouse Experience is the most visited distillery in Scotland.(www.thefamousgrouse.com/experience)
About Maxxium UK
- Maxxium is the distributor of The Famous Grouse and the Ginger Grouse in the UK.
- The Famous Grouse portfolio includes: The Famous Grouse, The Black Grouse, The Naked Grouse and the Ginger Grouse.
- Maxxium UK Ltd is part of the global sales and distribution alliance between Beam Inc and The Edrington Group.
- Its UK portfolio of premium brands includes: blended Scotch (The Famous Grouse, Teacher’s and Cutty Sark), malt whisky (Highland Park, Laphroaig, The Macallan, The Glenrothes and Ardmore), imported whiskey (Jim Beam, Maker’s Mark, Knob Creek, Canadian Club, Red Stag), cognac and brandy (Courvoisier and Fundador), sherry (Harveys), vodka (Stolichnaya), tequila (Sauza), rum (Brugal and Cruzan), liqueurs and specialities (Sourz, Bols liqueurs, Galliano, Vaccari, After Shock)
About Tough Mudder:
Tough Mudder events are hardcore 10-12 mile (18-20 km) obstacle course challenges designed to test your all-around strength, stamina, mental grit and camaraderie. With the most innovative obstacles and over one million participants globally to date, Tough Mudder is the premier obstacle course series in the world.
Ginger Grouse will support the following UK events:
London West 26/27.04.14 Culden Faw Estate, Henley
Scotland 14/15.06.14 Dalkeith Country Estate, Edinburgh
Midlands 12/13.07.14 Boughton Estate, Kettering
Yorkshire 02/03.08.14 Broughton Hall, Skipton
South West 16/17.08.14 Cirencester Park, Cirencester
North West 13/14.09.14 Cholmondeley Estate, Cheshire
London South 25/26.10.14 Matterley Bowl, Winchester