Cask Trade lift the ‘spirits’ of the nation with witty whisky pronunciation video
Hands in the air, how many whisky distilleries have you been pronouncing wrong?
There’s no shame in it, unless you’re talking to James Russell of Cask Trade who’s always more than happy to correct you. This time, the team caught it on video giving you a chance to enjoy a little laugh and show off the next time you order a dram in Scotland.
Click here to view the video: https://youtu.be/rF_ibrU2WyQ
Help Cask Trade to lift the ‘spirits’ of the national by sharing this witty whisky pronunciation video.
To find out more about cask ownership visit: www.casktrade.com
#whiskywednesday #whiskybusiness #scotchwhisky
ABOUT CASK TRADE
Founded in 2018 by Simon Aron in partnership with several of the world’s foremost whisky masters, including Keeper of the Quaich Sir Colin Hampden-White, Cask Trade buys and sells exceptional cask whiskies. The company is unique because it only sells casks it owns outright, and it only sells whole casks: it is not a whisky cask broker and it does not offer fractional sales.
A passionate whisky collector for more than 20 years, Simon Aron suffered many false promises from whisky investment companies and this drove his ambition to create a real and trustworthy market place for whisky collectors and investors, and bottlers:
The company’s casks are held in the best HMRC bonded warehouses, regularly visited and approved by Cask Trade whisky masters. All stock holdings have a complete paper trail…
- Delivery orders from supplier to Cask Trade
- Invoices for transfer of ownership, storage insurance, re-gauging, sampling or movement
- HMRC-issued WOWGR (warehouse keepers, warehouse premises, owner of goods and registered consigners): a fully regulated and closely monitored license requiring due diligence on suppliers as well as customers.
Included in its extensive list of customer services, Cask Trade’s rigorous processes means that the company will guarantee to buy back from its clients the casks they buy from and have had managed by Cask Trade. It also offers…
- Regular sampling and re-gauging of casks
- Re-racking (sherry wine, port etc)
- Estimates of bottles and strength in cask (effects of angels’ share 0ver years of maturations)
- Financial modelling for each cask based on age and rarity with estimated % returns
- Costings for bottling, labelling and shipping (duty tax)
- Regularly updated whisky investment guide which includes statistics from two authoritative third parties (independent of Cask Trade)
- Cask Trade will arrange for clients to receive samples of their whiskies and visit their barrels(s), upon request – wherever possible.
Cask Trade has started the first live auction website dedicated to exceptional whisky casks: www.auctionyourcask.com
Hosted four times a year and helping private owners/investors sell their cask to independent bottlers and other investors all around the world. All casks will be re-gauged ready for auction and a full 70cl sample will be drawn so that bidders have the opportunity to try the whisky before they buy. – Wherever possible. We validate all the sellers and confirm proof of ownership and the history of the cask enabling bidders to safely buy. With complete transparency and no sellers’ fee we can offer you the actual hammer price. Our low buyers’ fee of 15% + VAT will offer the opportunity to buyers, trade or private, to buy rare casks. The next auction will take place on 22nd April 2020.