Evan Williams Bourbon Announces 2020 American-Made Heroes
Select class of veterans chosen to be featured on special edition labels and receive $5,000 donation from American-Made Heroes Foundation to charity of their choice
BARDSTOWN, Ky. – Evan Williams Bourbon today announced the veterans selected as the 2020 American-Made Heroes. Each veteran will receive a $5,000 donation to the charity of their choice through the recently launched American-Made Hero Foundation, as well as their picture and story on the side of the special-edition label.
As an American-made and American-owned brand, Evan Williams recognizes true American heroes through their exceptional stories of honor and bravery. This special edition label of Evan Williams Black Bourbon celebrates the heroic stories of military veterans, chosen for their selfless acts of service at home and abroad (bios included below). The 2020 Evan Williams American-Made Heroes were chosen from over 6,500 nominations and are featured on more than 360,000 bottles available nationwide.
The 2020 American Hero edition label features bold red and white stripes framing a blue background featuring subtle star imagery and “American Hero Edition” in bold red font on the face. Proudly displayed on the side of each bottle is one of the brand’s key taglines “American Owned, American Made, American Proud” signifying the brand’s American heritage as the second-largest selling Bourbon in the world. Each Evan Williams American-Made Hero is prominently featured on the side of the label with their picture, name, military title and distinguished story.
“We are proud to kick off the sixth year of the Evan Williams American-Made Hero program by lifting up these extraordinary veteran stories and support veteran-related causes through the American-Made Heroes Foundation Fund,” said Julie Cole, Evan Williams Bourbon Brand Manager. “We are honored to celebrate veterans who uphold the American spirit.”
Evan Williams is honored to broaden its support of veteran communities across the country through the launch of the American-Made Heroes Foundation Fund, announced in April 2020. Due to the national impact of the COVID-19 crisis, the American-Made Heroes Foundation Fund focused its inaugural efforts with the COVID-19 Veteran Relief Grant, which awards donations to nonprofit organizations that serve the veteran communities negatively impacted by the coronavirus.
Media and advertising support for the 2020 program include national digital and social media campaigns, a website, off-premise display pieces, and point of sale featuring the veteran stories and the new American-Made Heroes Foundation Fund.
The 2020 Evan Williams American-Made Heroes are:
- Robin Harder, Mico, TX, U.S. Army Sergeant First Class (Ret.): As a Cryptologic Linguist, Robin’s 20-year career took her everywhere from Germany to Afghanistan. She is the founder of the Women Veterans of San Antonio: a non-profit group that serves, honors, and empowers women Veterans in her community. Robin has chosen to donate to ReGroup Foundation. To learn more about their mission, visit https://regroup4vets.com/
- John “JC” White, Martinsville, VA, U.S. Navy Master-at-Arms (Ret.): J.C. first served in the U.S. Navy during Operation Desert Storm and re-enlisted after 9/11. He went on to complete five more tours of duty. Over the years, he has volunteered as a Special Olympics coach, provided services to the homeless, and mentored at-risk youth. J.C. has chosen PAWS for Purple Hearts as his charity. To learn more about their mission, visit https://pawsforpurplehearts.org/.
- Jonathan Hiltz, Marion, IL, U.S. Marine Corps Corporal: Jonathan served as a Nuclear Biological Chemical Defense Specialist in Iraq. Today, he serves other veterans as a Peer Support Specialist. He established two non-profits, the Arise Veteran Foundation and Love Goes, to help alleviate poverty and support the homeless. Jonathan has chosen Love Goes as his charity.
- Mary Tobin, Atlanta, GA, U.S. Army Captain (Ret.): Mary began her 10-year military career at West Point, deployed twice to Iraq, and was awarded the Combat Action Badge. As regional Executive Director of The Mission Continues, she helps veterans take charge of community service and revitalization projects across the U.S. To learn more about The Mission Continues, visit https://missioncontinues.org/.
- Eduardo “Eddie” Ramirez, Fairfield, CA, U.S. Air Force Master Sergeant (Ret.): Always driven to serve, Eddie capped off his decorated, 22-year military career by going to work for the Department of Veterans Affairs. His experience led him to establish OneVet OneVoice: a veteran advocacy group focused on healthcare, education, housing, and employment. Eddie has chosen OneVet OneVoice as his charity. To learn more about their mission, visit https://onevetonevoice.org/.
The American Hero Edition bottle is available nationally for a suggested retail price of $24.99 for the 1.75L and $12.99 for the 750ml, and is bottled at 43 percent alcohol by volume (86 proof). To learn more about each of the 2020 American-Made Heroes and to apply for funding through the COVID-19 Veteran Relief Grant, visit https://american-madeheroes.com/.
ABOUT EVAN WILLIAMS: The flagship Bourbon of Heaven Hill Distillery, Evan Williams is among the leaders in the rapidly growing American Whiskey segment as the world’s second largest-selling Bourbon. Evan Williams is a proud sponsor of Major League Baseball and the World Series, first forming a partnership with the national pastime in 2016. As an American-made and American-owned brand, Evan Williams has recognized true American heroes through their exceptional stories of honor and bravery on special edition American-Made Hero labels for the past five years, now supported by the American-Made Heroes Foundation Fund. The Evan Williams Bourbon Experience (www.EvanWilliamsBourbonExperience.com) celebrates the legacy of Evan Williams through an immersive visitor’s center experience which brings to life the history and tradition of Kentucky’s native spirit as an official stop on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail.
ABOUT THE AMERICAN-MADE HEROES FOUNDATION FUND: Evan Williams is honored to broaden its support of veteran communities across the country through the launch of the American-Made Heroes Foundation Fund, announced in April 2020. The American-Made Heroes Foundation Fund was established to show Evan Williams’ pride in being American-made and owned, and to give back to those who served. Our purpose is: to provide a platform for sharing inspiring veteran stories; to raise public awareness for causes impacting the veteran community; and to support nonprofit organizations that help veterans and their families through a specialized grant program. Due to the national impact of the COVID-19 crisis, the American-Made Heroes Foundation Fund will focus its inaugural efforts with the COVID-19 Veteran Relief Grant, which awards donations to nonprofit organizations that serve the veteran communities negatively impacted by the coronavirus.
Article source: http://www.whiskyintelligence.com/2020/07/evan-williams-bourbon-announces-2020-american-made-heroes-american-whiskey-news/